Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Review: Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Protective Recovery Complex (for all skin types)

Another very long name for a product...kinda annoying sometimes...I haven't seen many reviews about this product that's why I want to make a review about this. 



I got this for free from my sister-in-law. She wanted me to try this out before she use this (she's quite skeptical with skincare products) and the curious me, being my own guinea pig, gladly accepted the offer to try this product. It's very expensive to begin with!

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair is a serum which means the ingredients is more concentrated than face creams or lotions that we usually use, giving our skin an extra boost of moisture or anti-aging benefits. Because serums absorbs easier in our skin, they are more effective than using face creams alone.

I'm not getting any younger, so it's better for me to start taking extra care of my skin now than start later. Like my favorite professor said, "Prevention is always better than cure."

It's claim:
"Helps repair the appearance of past damage while protecting your skin from the aging effects of our environment. Works with the body's natural renewal mechanism to help your skin recover from the day's environmental aggressions."

To use: Apply before your moisturizer

Comment:
After using the products for a month...
Pro:
- it is really effective in reducing fine lines. I can't say if it will also have a fast effect on deeper lines and wrinkles 'cause I don't have one...yet! (Pls. refer to the picture that's posted below)
- it's like botox in a bottle..hahaha! (Pls. refer to the picture that's posted below)
- my skin also looks plumper and less sallow after I've applied this.
- has a slight moisturizing effect.
- When I wake up in the morning, I've observed that my skin is softer and smoother.
- Results are quite immediate for me...quite surprising for something this small.
- The applicator is like a dropper which is very helpful in not wasting excess product and is hygienic.
- great for all skin types
- did not break me out.
- the scent is very, very subtle that it's not really noticeable unless you purposely sniff it very close from the bottle.

Cons:
- very, very expensive. I don't know the prize for a very tiny bottle, but my sister-in-law said that it's very expensive. I think her aunt doesn't want to tell her the prize. Just google for the prize. (^_^)
- I don't think this is available in the Philippines.
- I think bigger bottles are available, but of course! it's more expensive.

Results:

I use my left hand to apply products on my face. (Yep! left-handed)

This was my random observation after I applied the serum a few times. I looked at my fingers and I can see the difference. I haven't used any hand cream or moisturizer on my hands.

LEFT HAND: (W/ the serum)
Look at the index, middle and ring finger. they look plumper and the fine lines were almost gone!

RIGHT HAND: (w/ nothing on)
 Look at the index, middle and ring finger. Fine lines are obvious and the fingers looks sick like life was sucked of them. To think this hand gets lesser work than the left one.


Will I buy again?
- Of course! If have the money to afford it..hahaha!



6 comments:

  1. I bought this for my mum for her birthday in January because I know she loves it but I didn't realise until I bought it how expensive it is. And it's kinda small for the price too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed the serum works..haha! If you don't mind, may I ask how much is the tiny bottle of the serum?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love serums too since i have an oily skin.
    great review =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this serum is really good (except for the price). I also use this on a fine line on my undereye area and it is less noticeable than before. It doesn't sting the eyes which is very good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It depends how big you want the bottle. My mum always used to get the sample sizes in makeup sets. I bought my mum the 30ml which is the smallest and that itself is about £40. Not sure how much that would be for your currency though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. woah! that expensive?!? thanks for the info!!

    ReplyDelete