Thursday, April 1, 2010

Review: Banila Co. Lipgloss in Vintage Pink (04)

I already have this lipgloss for quite a while now that I almost forgot to make a review on this. This is my only Banila Co. product that I've purchased so far because their products are a bit expensive compared to other Korean brands out there.

Banila Co. is like a dupe of Benefit because it almost has the same design of packaging. The product quality are almost the same too. Unfortunately, even if Banila Co. is a bit less expensive than Benefit, both of them still have a steep price tag for my liking.

Luckily, I bought this lipgloss from Banila Co. in a "once-in-a-lifetime" sale (where prices were really very affordable at that time) from my online seller Thelittlecoolshop.

I bought this for only P250!! For this quality product!
It looks like a dark berry pink full of glitter inside the packaging, but when swipe on the lips, it will give you a sheer reddish pink tint on the lips..I really like it!


look at the multicolored glitters..I love it!

Pro:
- applies smoothly
- not super sticky, but doesn't have a very thin consistency which is good because the lipgloss lasts quite a while on the lips and does not come off too easily.
- Even if it has lots of fine glitters, it doesn't feel chunky or gritty on the lips which is very surprising.
- the glitters are not too obvious unless you look very closely. (why would a stranger put their face inches from yours anyway?!?)
- can be used alone because the color/tint of the lipgloss still shows even on quite dark lips like mine!
- I love the smell! the smell is on the perfumey side, but it is not overpowering! The smell goes away right after you've applied the gloss. (unlike the ELF lipgloss that I've tried..It gave me headache and after an hour I already want to vomit because I can't take the artificial candy grape smell anymore!!)
- quite moisturizing
- has a bit of a sweet taste if you ever lick your lips.
- has other range of colors that I would love to try someday!
- love the slick packaging.

Cons:
- if you put on too much then the lipgloss wears off, you could see some bits of glitters on your lips. So put on the lipgloss at an appropriate amount.
- not available locally.
- expensive!

Swatch:

Bare lips

Natural light

W/ flash:

No comments:

Post a Comment