Sunday, December 27, 2009

Review: Etude House Surprise Essence Concealer #2

I've recently heard that Etude House already has a store here in the Philippines! (^_^) They opened just this December in SM Megamall. I just hope they would open another branch in SM Northedsa so that it's not too far from my place..(^_^)

Anyway, I just bought a few items because I already purchased some Korean beauty products online before I've found out that Etude House has already opened a store here in the Philippines..Yes, I know I'm quite late with the news.

I've only purchased 3 items which I will be reviewing one by one.


This first item is the Etude House Surprise Essence Concealer #2

Price: P298.00 (affordable compared to the mall prices of TheFaceShop, Skinfood and Missha)

Pros:
- it is creamy, but not cakey at all.
- it doesn't feel heavy on the skin.
- it blends really well.
- doesn't emphasize the fine lines under your eyes.
- it is surprisingly affordable.
- it has a "perfumy" smell that doesn't really bother me. In my opinion, it actually smells good and the good news is, it did not gave me allergies because I have sensitive skin.
- I also have an acidic type of skin (meaning all the products that I apply will turn dark on my skin as soon as the product is already blended in with my skin tone), but this concealer stayed true to its color thankfully and hid my Maja (major) ginormous dark circles..it's almost comparable to a black eye..I'm not even kidding ya!

Cons:
- it only comes in 2 shades, the #1 is the lighter shade and the #2 is the darker shade.
- quite small...I like cute packagings w/ good quality product, but I would love it if it had more quantity (meaning more product) inside the packaging.
-none so far!

SO.....I did a road test on my left undereye circle with the concealer and my right eye with nothin'...before I show you may picture, please read the note below.

Note:
- I did not use any product besides the concealer.
- I did this road test at nighttime (i'm nocturnal)
- Sorry for the poor picture quality. I'm not a huge fan of expensive HD cameras and I'm not planning to buy one.
- I know my skin is not perfect. You don't have to tell me something that I don't already know. I'm not blind.

So here it is:

As you can see, there's a significant difference between the 2.


- My left eye, is brighter than my right eye.
- My dark circles has diminished drastically and it is obvious just by looking at the shadows beside the bridge of my nose.
- Left eye looks more awake and smoother too.

Rating:
5 out of 5 stars

Will I buy again?
Definitely!

4 comments:

  1. layo kasi sa megamall, no time & no money.. hehehe.. sa dept. store ba to ng megamall?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the dark circles around my eyes are darker (or should I say super dark)cuz of my asthma....I wonder if it gonna work for me.....anyways, I should give it a try~^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. try it. It may work for you. I'm just not sure if it will cover 100% of your dark circles since it doesn't guarantee to be a full coverage concealer.

    ReplyDelete