Sunday, September 26, 2010

Review/Blabber: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Complete UV Waterlight Lotion SPF 50+ PA+++ and My 2 Cents about Organic and "Non-organic" Skincare

As some of you know, I have to change my skincare completely because of my skin condition and my very complicated skin type which makes it harder to find a product in the market that will suit me.

So far, I've already found my current skincare products: (which I will have to review individually soon)

 moisturizer (which I think I will use and re-purchase for a long time because I love it)
 facial wash (which is quite good and I've already grown to love it)
exfoliating wash (which is really gentle on my skin)
acne treatment
mask

and SUNSCREEN (the hardest to find because you don't know if it will suit your skin or not.)

The only skincare I haven't found yet that suits my skin is toner. I still don't know if I'll be needing it or not.

But first, I'll only be reviewing my CURRENT SUNSCREEN. I'm emphasizing CURRENT here because up to now, I still have mixed feelings about this sunscreen. Don't worry! It did not gave me any kind of bad reaction and it works very good actually, but I don't feel that this will be my HG sunscreen.

Originally, I've been recommended by my derma to try Cetaphil suncreen, but as some of you know, I don't like the feel of Cetaphil on my skin. I've also researched reviews about this and it is actually a very good sunscreen too, but comparing the performance of Neutrogena and the Cetaphil...I think they are just the same. The only downside of Cetaphil (P800-P900+) is that it is more expensive then Neutrogena (P460)

So for now, I'll keep on using and purchasing Neutrogena because I'm on a budget too.

Here is the packaging:

This Neutrogena sunscreen line has 2 variants, one for dry skin and one for oily skin. I chose this one for oily skin. It comes in only one size with the variant for dry skin being a bit bigger than this one. You don't really need much to apply this on the face so it's ok that it has a quite small packaging.

here's a picture showing you how to use it, store it, etc.

the description of the sunscreen.

The ingredients...I know some of you may freak out like "OMG! there are so many chemicals in there, blah blah blah...Organic is always better crap line" Pls. be more open minded about products. This has almost the same ingredients with Cetaphil (which is specifically made for SENSITIVE skin).  

I'm not against using organic products because I use organic stuff too! but using organic stuff doesn't always mean that it's already ALWAYS safe to use. I just want everyone to be more open minded and not be one sided about things. I've studied Pharmacology and Toxicology for quite sometime now and I was surprised to see MORE poisonous things coming from PLANTS than from VENOMOUS ANIMALS combined!! These mix of ingredients will not be created if there is a very very very big possibility that it will kill you. Well-known skincare companies may be money-hogging opportunists, but I don't think they are dumb enough to go on a suicidal jump and give us products that are not relatively safe...I can't say anything about the not-so-well-known ones though..

and... People should also be cautious about organic products that are jam-packed with combinations of oh-so-good organic plant-based ingredients because you won't know if the combination of these products may have a good or bad reaction to our body. It's understandable and believable that it will work if you are using ONE plant by-product that has its specific kind of benefits to your body, but have you thought about it's pharmacodynamics if it's combined with another plant by-product?

We always have to remember that EVERYTHING IN EXCESS, MAY IT BE GOOD OR BAD FOR US IS STILL BAD.

and don't get me started on organic, plant-based products are "cruelty-free"....Oh c'mon! stop making me laugh!

Anyway, here's the swatch:

very watery like it's description.

and once it's blended...

beautiful matte finish.

Comment:
- quite affordable compared to other sunscreen with oil-free, matte formula (P460)
- has a matte finish
- blends and absorbs easily.
- did not give me any new breakouts or any kind of bad reaction.
- controlled my oils at bay for at least 6 hours which is great!
- did not leave any white cast on my face.

So far, so good....















4 comments:

  1. great review! i'll keep it on my shopping list when i'm done with my sunscreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! I hope you'll like the sunscreen too! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to hear neutrogena is working out for you. I think people who like Cetaphil loveeeeeees it while the rest of us are just like... meh. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks! I really don't get why they love that product. To each his own maybe...but for me, I don't really see it as something special. (^_^)

    ReplyDelete